Tor Browser is a network of virtual tunnels that download for PC to improve their privacy and security on the Internet. It also enables software developers to create new communication tools with built-in privacy features. Tor Browser provides the foundation for a range of applications that allow organizations and individuals to share information over public networks without compromising their privacy.
The application’s main attempt is to put a web browser at your disposal with the help of which you can both enjoy a friendly interface and keep your system safe. All available features come in the form of a custom-made version of Mozilla Firefox, which is not necessarily bad because it lets you quickly accommodate.
One of the key features in keeping your data safe the integrated HTTPS Everywhere addon, which basically encrypts communication between your computer and various web pages you access. This can easily be configured to allow or restrict access to specific content.
Before being able to fully enjoy a safe browsing experience, the application requires you to select the connection type. You can opt for a standard connection, which works in most cases or configure settings if your computer uses a proxy or goes through a firewall in order to reach the information superhighway.
Most available options are similar to the one you find in Firefox, with a few additions. The Torbutton puts several settings at your disposal, such as the possibility to fully configure connection settings, handle cookie protection, or even choose a new identity for enhanced security.
Features of Tor Browser
- Cross-platform availability of this application is available for Linux, Windows as well as Mac.
- Complex data encryption before it sent over the Internet.
- Automatic data decryption at client side.
- It is a combination of the Firefox Browser + Tor Project.
- It provides anonymity to servers and websites.
- It makes it possible to visit locked websites.
- Performs tasks without revealing the IP of Source.
- Capable of routing data to/from hidden services and applications behind the firewall.
- Portable – Run a pre-configured web browser directly from the USB storage device. No need to install it locally.
- Available for architectures x86 and x86_64.
- Easy to set FTP with Tor using the configuration as “socks4a” proxy on “localhost” port “9050”
- The Tor browser is capable of handling thousands of relay and millions of users.
- Tor Browser isolates each website you visit so third-party trackers and ads can’t follow you. Any cookies automatically clear when you’re done browsing.
- Tor Browser prevents someone from watching your connection from knowing what websites you visit. All anyone monitoring your browsing habits can see is that you’re using Tor.
- Tor aims to make all users look the same, making it difficult for you to be fingerprinted based on your browser and device information.
- When you use Tor Browser for Android, your traffic is relayed and encrypted three times as it passes over the Tor network. The network is comprised of thousands of volunteer-run servers known as Tor relays. Watch this animation to learn more about how it works.
- With Tor Browser for Android, you are free to access sites your local internet service provider may have blocked.
- Android version updated to 8.5.6
- All platforms
- Update Firefox to 60.8.0esr
- Update Torbutton to 2.1.12
- Bug 30577: Add Fundraising Banner
- Bug 31041: Stop syncing network.cookie.lifetimePolicy
- Translations update
- Update HTTPS Everywhere to 2019.6.27
- Bug 31055+31058: Remove four default bridges
- Bug 30712: Backport fix for Mozilla’s bug 1552993
- Bug 30849: Backport fixes for Mozilla’s bug 1552627 and 1549833
Windows + OS X + Linux
- Update Tor to 0.4.0.5
- Update OpenSSL to 1.0.2s
- Bug 29045: Ensure that tor does not start-up in a dormant mode
- Bug 30631: Blurry Tor Browser icon on macOS app switcher
Pros And Cons
|Tor is an open-source software
||Your bandwidth speeds are reduced when using Tor.
|It provides security by routing the internet through three relay servers
||that don’t provide anonymity.
|free to access.
||Tor doesn’t recommend for use with BitTorrent
|It supports all major operating systems.
|Hides your IP address
Tor Browser Download System Requirements
||Tor Browser for Windows 8.5.5 for Windows
||Monday, June 24th, 2019
Taking everything into consideration, Tor Browser comes equipped with all the necessary tools you need in order to stay safe while online. It can be used by beginners and experts alike, due to the various advanced settings that are not mandatory in order for the application to properly offer its services.
DOWNLOAD TOR BROWSER FOR