The package provides the installation files for HP Printer Driver Laserjet Pro M118-M119 PCL-6 (V4) version 8.0.1329.5132.
If the driver is already installed on your system, updating (overwrite-installing) may fix various issues, add new functions, or just upgrade to the available version. Take into consideration that it is not recommended to install the driver on Operating Systems other than stated ones.
In order to manually update your printer driver, follow the steps below (the next steps):
1. Extract the .cab file to a folder of your choice
2. Go to Device Manager (right-click on My Computer, choose Manage and then find Device Manager in the left panel), or right-click on Start Menu for Windows 10 and select Device Manager
3. Right-click on the hardware device you wish to update and choose Update Driver Software
4. Choose to select the location of the new driver manually and browse to the folder where you extracted the driver
5. If you already have the driver installed and want to update to a newer version got to “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”
6. Click “Have Disk”
7. Browse to the folder where you extracted the driver and click Ok
About HP Printer Driver Packages:
Windows OS usually apply a generic driver that allows computers to recognize printers and make use of their basic functions. In order to benefit from all available features, appropriate software must be installed on the system.
In case you intend to apply this HP printer driver, you have to make sure that the present package is suitable for your device model and manufacturer, and then check to see if the version is compatible with your computer operating system.
If that’s the case, run the available setup and follow the on-screen instructions for a complete and successful installation. Also, don’t forget to perform a reboot so that all changes can take effect properly.
Bear in mind that even though other OSes might be compatible, we do not recommend installing any software on platforms other than the specified ones.
If you have decided that this release is what you need, all that’s left for you to do is click the download button and install the package. If it’s not, check back with our website so that you don’t miss the release that your system needs.
It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available.
Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed an incorrect or mismatched driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer. If you have another model of HP Printer driver than visit this site.