GOM Media Player is a free multimedia player with popular video and audio codecs built-in. This software supports file formats such as AVI, DAT, MPEG, DivX, XviD, WMV, ASF. Users don’t have to install codecs separately. The software is capable of playing incomplete or damaged AVI files by skipping the damaged frames. It can also play locked or partially downloaded files. Its other features include drag-and-drop support, HTTP streaming, editable skins, subtitling, overlay mixer, key remapping, enhanced filter rendering, real-time index rebuilding for AVI files and Unicode support among others. You can download GOM Video Player for PC offline installer from the site by clicking on the free download button.
With access to the largest subtitle database in the world, GOM Player users can easily add correct subtitles to videos. Once you play your video, GOM Player automatically searches the database and gives you a list of compatible subtitles to choose from in available languages. Once you’ve chosen the subtitle you want to use, simply click apply and it will automatically download, be applied, and sync to the audio playback.
Another highlighting feature of the GOM Player is GOM Remote. You’ll be able to sync GOM Player to your smartphone to enhance your playback experience, without getting out of your seat! You’ll be able to play/pause videos, select videos, adjust volume, dim your screen, and more.
Why Use a GOM Video Player?
Comprehensive File Support
It can play all the most popular video formats by default: AVI, MP4, MKV, FLV, WMV, MOV, and more!
With a wide variety of advanced features like A-B repeat, screen capture, audio capture, playback speed control, and video effects, this software allows you to do much more than simply play your videos.
This player has a skinnable interface and advanced filter controls make it highly customizable, allowing users to personalize their experience to fit their needs. Download new skins and logos from the GOM MediaPlayer website!
Some uncommon video types aren’t supported by GOM Media Player by default. When you try to watch these videos, GOM Media Player’s Codec Finder service will search for the one you’re missing and direct you to a place where you can read more and/or download the missing codec.
GOM Video Player Features
- Codec Finder: GOM Media Player includes many codecs (XviD, DivX, FLV1, AC3, OGG, MP4, H263 and more) so you won’t need to install separate codecs for most videos. For those videos that require a separate codec, GOM Player will find one and direct you to a place where you can download an open-source version of the codec.
- Play Broken AVI Files: AVI files can’t be played if the index is broken, or if the file isn’t completely downloaded. This is because the index is located at the end of the file. GOM Player’s patented technology enables users to view files with broken indexes or that are still being downloaded.
- Powerful Subtitle Support: GOM Media Player supports SMI, SRT, RT, SUB(with IDX) files for subtitles. You can specify margin, location, size, resolution, font, and others. You can also enable shadow, view ASF files with subtitle, karaoke subtitle mode.
- Convenient Playlist: If you run a video file and there is already a file with a similar name in the directory, it will be automatically added to your playlist. GOM Media Player has a similar playlist format as M3U, PLS, ASX and you can also include and edit different media formats on that playlist as well.
- Wide support: Along with different media formats such as AVI, MPG, MPEG, and DAT, it also supports streaming Windows media format (WMV, ASF, ASX). You can also watch DVD-quality videos with 5.1 channel audio output.
- Screen Capture: It allows you to take a screenshot of your video directly from GOM Player. Using the Burst Capture feature, you can take continuous screenshots up to 999 shots.
Streamlined installation process
As most of you probably know, in the past, GOM Player’s installer used to offer and install third-party software, as well as change the search engine of your web browsers.
Subsequent to a streamlined installation process, you are greeted by a clean and very functional yet somewhat outdated user interface that is clearly geared towards accessibility more than anything else.
Pros and Cons
|It is Free: GOM Player is available for free download on its website. Although it has a premium version, many of its features are available on the free version. Download the app here.
||GOM Player contains lots of advertisements. Users have reported that via the adverts, third-party malware software is installed on computers.
|Efficient Customer Support: It has a customer-friendly support system to attend to inquiries and complaints from its users. Available for both versions.
||The application is not compatible with most devices. GOM Player is available on iOS, Windows operating system and, Android only.
|Subtitle Catalogue: It has an extensive catalog for subtitles. Users can view movies, and the app by default finds the appropriate subtitle for use. It is also compatible with several subtitle formats.
|Plays Multiple Formats: It plays several formats. It supports over 40 audio and video formats. It also plays damaged/broken files.
||Windows XP / Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8 / Windows 10
||GOM Player 188.8.131.5207 LATEST
Overall, GOM Player is a brilliant free media player for Windows. With VR and 360° video playback capabilities, and the GOM Remote smartphone-sync, you’ll be able to enjoy your music and movies in style. Try it for yourself today with the free download, or upgrade to GOM Player Plus for an even better experience.