Paragon Partition Manager is a software to organize your hard drive and gain additional space in your existing partitions. Actually, the hard disk drive’s main responsibility is to constantly read, write and erase data in order to make all your actions possible. Depending on solicitation level or installed programs, its sectors can get corrupted, or you simply want to divide its available space for better management. With the help of specialized applications such as Paragon Partition Manager, it is all done quick and easy to manage all your hard disk enhancement aspects.
Paragon Partition Manager Home wants to be available to users with completely different levels of experience. It manages to achieve this, due to its clever design. A modern, flat style interface is brought up first, which Windows 8 users mostly feel at home with. It displays its major features, such as create the partition, resize, delete, merge, as well as a converter.
Accessing either puts in motion a guided wizard that makes sure you don’t mess up your hard disk drive’s integrity, not even by accident. There is also the possibility to switch to the full-scale launcher, as suggested.
Paragon Partition Manager Software Features
- Resize/move Partitions: Adjust partition size by sliding the partition left and right or enter the exact partition size you want.
- Undelete Partitions: You can recover your volumes and the data if you delete partition accidentally.
- Create/delete Partitions: Format your HDD, SSD, USB, memory card, SD card or delete a partition to make it available for reuse.
- Expand Partitions: Redistribute free space using an unallocated area and open space on adjacent volumes.
- Change Label: Change the label of a partition or a drive letter for an improved data organization.
- Test Surface: Check for errors on selected partitions and fix it.
Other Features of Paragon Partition Manager
Basic hard disk partitioning operations
- Create, format and delete partitions.
- Hide/unhide partition, set partition active/inactive.
- Copy and move partition of any file system, quick and sector-by-sector modes.
- Set or change the drive letter (Windows NT/2000/XP only).
- Change hard disk partition Label (Volume Label).
Advanced hard disk partitioning operations
- Resize hard disk partitions with data.
- Hot Resize (upward) – enlarge NTFS partition without rebooting Windows and interrupting its work.
- Copy disk to disk.
- Copy with resizing.
- Convert the file system.
- FAT16 to FAT32 and vice versa.
- FAT16/32 to NTFS and vice versa.
- Ext2 FS to Ext3 FS and vice versa.
- Merge hard disk partitions (even hard disk partitions of different file systems).
- Undelete hard disk partition.
- Check File System Integrity.
- Convert Primary hard disk partition to Logical and vice versa.
- Change hard disk Partition ID (hard disk partition signature).
- Change hard disk Partition Primary Slot (in Master Boot Record).
- Update MBR (Master Boot Record) with the standard code.
- Convert NTFS revision (from anyone to any other within Windows NT, 2000 and XP).
- Change FAT parameters – boot size, root size.
File System Performance Optimization
- Change cluster size.
- Defragment File System.
- Defragment NTFS core structure – MFT (Master File Table).
- Supports large hard disks (up to 500GB tested, 2TB in theory).
- Supports P-ATA (IDE), S-ATA (SATA), SCSI hard disks.
- All levels of SCSI and IDE RAID controllers.
- Supports FireWire IEEE1394, USB 1.0, USB 2.0, ZIP and Jazz media.
- Supports Flash devices.
- Supports NTFS from Windows NT, 2000, XP.
- Supports NTFS with compressed and encrypted files and folders.
- Supports FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, Ext2 FS, Ext3 FS, HPFS file systems.
Safety and Recovery
- Recovery CD with Unique Interface in XP style for restoring under DOS/Linux4
- Power Shield technology – resuming critical partitioning operations after power failure
- Recovery Media Builder – creates CDs/DVDs(or even a floppy disk) that you can boot from and recover your system.
- Treating bad sectors – surface test can be optionally used for the format, copy, move and resize operations.
- Retesting disk surface for partitions with data, relocating files from encountered bad blocks.
- Automatic generation and sending operations logs over email for quick and easy technical support.
Easy to use:
- The new unique wizard-driven interface in the XP style.
- Virtual pre-execution.
Wizards for most usual scenarios:
- Create Partition Wizard.
- Format Partition Wizard.
- Delete Partition Wizard.
- Copy Hard Disk Wizard.
- Copy Partition Wizard.
- Partition Merge Wizard.
- Redistribute Free Space Wizard.
- Partition Undelete Wizard.
- Operations usually impossible under Windows 9x/NT/2000/XP will be automatically performed in special mode during OS reboot.
- Built-in simple Disk Editing utility.
- Unpack&Burn Wizard – Just three clicks to burn your own Recovery CD.
- Volume Explorer (fully embedded in program interface) – browse FAT, NTFS, Ext2 or Ext3 FS partition without a drive letter, edit or copy files and folders.
- Automatic run of the embedded Boot Corrector to correct possible startup problems in the boot.ini file for Windows.
||Intel Pentium CPU or its equivalent, with 1000 Mhz processor clock speed
||1 GB+ RAM
||Hard Disk Drive with 250 MB of available space
||Internet Explorer 10 or higher
||SVGA video adapter and monitor
|Supported Operating Systems
||Windows 7 SP1 and newer
|Supported Computer Bus Interfaces
- Parallel ATA (Parallel Advanced Technology Attachment)
- SATA (Serial Advanced Technology Attachment)
- External SATA (eSATA)
- All levels of SCSI, IDE and SATA RAID controllers
- SCSI (Small Computer System Interface)
- USB (Universal Serial Bus) 1.x/2.0/3.0
- IEEE 1394 (FireWire)
- All types of RAIDs (hardware and software)
- PC or PCMCIA Card (Personal Computer Memory Card International Association)
- Storage Spaces Support
- AFD (Advanced Format Drive)
- Non-512B sector size drives
- SSD and HDD
- Any common optical disk device
|Supported File Systems
- Backup Capsule (Only view)
- NTFS (v1.2, v3.0, v3.1)
- Ext2, 3, 4
- ReiserFS (v. 1, 2. Only view. All other operations in 1:1 mode)
- Linux Swap
- HPFS (Only view. All other operations in 1:1 mode)
- Apple HFS+
- B-tree FS (Btrfs)
- Extents FS (XFS)
Paragon Partition Manager may only be the middle edition, standing between its Free and Professional brother versions, but it gets the job done flawlessly. It’s available to a large public due to the clever design and implementation of features, making for a must-have application for any computer.