CDBurnerXP is a free Download application allowing you to burn various types of discs: CDs, DVDs, Blu-rays and HD-DVDs and also provides support for ISO files as well as a multilanguage interface.
This tool offers you complete options for burning and creating images. One of the first advantages you’ll notice it is its small size. It uses an insignificant amount of computer resources and still, it does its job flawlessly.
It is easy to install and you won’t have any unpleasant surprises such as additional software deployed to your computer. Among them, it holds one of the top spots and is the burner of choice for many users. The software comes as a fairly light package and installs in a minute, so as soon as the setup is completed, you are ready to go.
For instance, the CD burner offers support for CD-R, CD-RW, DVD+R, DVD-R, DVD+RW, DVD-RW, DVD-RAM, BD, HD-DVD, and double layer mediums. You can write bootable discs; you can perform disc spanning and you can verify data automatically right after the burning process is completed.
This software is freeware but a closed source because it uses some proprietary libraries. The standard CDBurnerXP installer comes bundled with installCore but an installer without it can be downloaded. There are also versions for the x64 platform, a Windows Installer-based version for deployment via corporations and a portable version for putting onto USB or other types of media.
Audio CD’s writing options include: support for the MP3, WAV, OGG, FLAC, WMA, APE, MPC, WV formats; adding single or multiple tracks from existing audio-CDs directly to your new compilation without having to rip tracks before; playing audio files with integrated audio player; exporting audio compilations as M3U playlist and Cue Sheet etc.
ISO features include burning ISO files to CD, converting bin- and nrg-files to ISO, creating ISO files and saving CDs/DVDs as ISO file to disc.
Additionally, it is updated online, it has a multi-language interface, it has an option for enabling access to drive for restricted users and it is also available in a command-line version. If anything goes wrong during the burning process, CDBurnerXP informs you of the errors it has detected.
CDBurnerXP Download Features
- Burn any Data on CD-R/CD-RW/DVD+R/DVD-R/DVD+RW/DVD-RW/DVD-RAM/BD/HD-DVD, including double layer mediums
- burn mp3-CDs to store many audio files on one single disc
- create bootable discs
- verify written Data automatically after burning process
- use either the internal browser to add your files or the intuitive Drop-Box to drag and drop files directly from any Windows Explorer window
- save your compilations for creation of backups
- burn on-the-fly and with buffer-underrun protections
- import previous (ISO 9660) sessions and edit existing file structure on CD/DVD
- quick- and full-erase disc
- copy data discs (possible copy-protection is not bypassed)
- retrieve recorder and disc information
- create Audio-CDs from mp3, wav, Ogg, FLAC, and WMA files
- add single or multiple tracks from existing audio-CDs directly to your new compilation without ripping tracks before (add cad-files)
- play audio-files with an integrated audio player
- gapless audio-CDs supported (disc-at-once-mode)
- import M3U or WPL playlists
- support for ReplayGain
- import CUE sheets
- create mixed-mode discs
- burn ISO files to CD
- create your own ISO files
- convert bin- and nrg-files to ISO
- save CDs/DVDs as ISO file to disc
- Other features:
- simple cover printing feature for data- and audio-discs
- LightScribe integration
- Command-line version
- supports most IDE, USB, Firewire, and SCSI drives
- integrated option to enable access to drive for restricted users
- multi-language interface
What’s new in CDBurnerXP 4.5.8
- Optional crossfading for audio discs
- DPI improvements for video DVD dialog
- Fixed: Drive letter command line argument not working
- Good instructions: This app comes with a good online Help feature that guides you through accessing all of the program’s features. This makes it possible for users of all experience levels to get the most possible benefit from the app as long as they’re willing to take the time to review the reference material.
- Variety of functions: You can make multiple types of disks using this program, including CDs, DVDs, H-DVDs, and Blu-rays. In addition, you can create ISO files and multilingual interfaces, and you can rip content from CDs as well.
Pros and Cons
||Launcher closes after selecting a task
|Support for all basic burning tasks
|Easy to use
CDBurnerXP Download System Requirements
||Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, and 10 (32-bit and 64-bit).
||Intel Pentium III or later
||2 GB of memory
||250 MB of free space
||CDBurnerXP 18.104.22.16842 (64-bit)
||September 23, 2018
||October 02, 2018
CDBurnerXP is definitely one of the best tools for burning CDs and DVDs. It is very easy to use, comes with a very nice interface and is light on computer resources, so it has all it takes to be on anyone’s favorite app list.
It can be installed on old hardware too and can get along with basically all Windows, starting with the ancient Windows XP and ending with Windows 8.1, in both 32- and 64-bit flavors. If you are interested in bypassing the setup process, you should know a portable edition is available for download, called Portable CDBurnerXP.